The Allosaurus is a large carnivore, it has short, red crests, while as the rest of the body is a greenish-brown color.
In Real Life
Allosaurus is one of allosaurid thropod dinosaurs. It averaged 26-33 feet(8-10m) in length, about 2.5 ton in weight. It was a powerful predator that walked on two powerful legs, had a strong, S-shaped neck, and had vertebrae that were different from those of other dinosaurs (hence its name, the "different lizard"). It had a massive tail, a bulky body, and heavy bones. It had three-fingered hands with sharp claws that were up to 6 inches (15 cm) long. There are three official species of it, A.fragilis, A.europaeus, and A.jimmadseni.
The bite force of alosaurus was relatively weak at about 350 kilograms. But it had strong skull that could withstand nearly 55,500 N of vertical force against the tooth row, and it could open its jaws very wide. Also allosaurus had dense and sharp tooth like shark that it could tear flesh easily by using its tooth. So it would have used its upper jaw like an ax, make bleed out its prey.
Allosaurus may have hunted in groups. In groups, Allosaurus could ambush even the very large sauropods (like Diplodocus and Camarasaurus). It probably also preyed upon stegosaurs and iguanodonts. Allosaurus was the most abundant predator in late Jurassic North America.
In game, allosaurus is a strong and relatively large dinosaur. It's thought to be the strongest of all the medium sized dinosaurs within the game, it's only worrying threat in the medium sized era being Ceratosaurus, and, possibly, a pack of Majungasaurus. The Allosaurus was quite a popular choice as of the Allosaurus update.
As one of these, your hunger will drop very quickly, as a baby the Allosaurus is slow and can't outrun many other dinosaurs. When you sprint, your stamina will deplete quickly.
When you start playing keep away from predators and other allosaurus; they will most likely kill you. Some dinosaurs you can hunt can be:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex (Juvenile, and if careful and skilled, or with 2 allos)
- Ceratosaurus (Same conditions to the rex)
As a subordinate you are quick, similar to a Gallimimus' speed, and as an adult you are swift, and will be a threat to many, though you will starve at the drop of a hat. Hunt near spawns if you'd like or take a visit to islands harboring fish to nurture your hunger.
It is best to use hit-and-run tactics when playing as an Allosaurus. Allosaurus has a weak bite, but high speed. Along with very high, long lasting bleed damage. Your stamina also regenerates very quickly.
- Allosaurus maximus is more known as "Saurophaganax", about 11m longed allosaurid dinosaur.
- The name, "Allosaurus" means "different lizard", referencing its unique vertebrae.
- According to the developers, 4 skilled Allosaurus will be able to take down an adult Diplodocus
- Allosaurus can (almost) one shot an adult Utahraptor. The bleed does the rest.
- It once has a glitch when the legs goes underground, then it can fly. This glitch was called as "exploiter" by some people that didn't know it.